For many years Como Primary has been actively involved in a variety of environmental programs and activities.
These whole school activities educate the students from a young age about the importance of caring for our environment in a practical manner.
At present each class manages part of our overall program.
- A thriving kitchen garden in the early childhood centre.
- A Garden Club in the early childhood centre.
- A battery recycling station-located in the main school office
- The recycling of paper
- The monitoring of electricity usage at the school
- A worm farm
- Actively reducing playground litter
- Waste wise Tuesday and Wednesday
- Promotion of nude food lunches and snacks (no wrappers).