USING THE KISS AND DRIVE
The Kiss and Drive area for our school is located on Coode Street.
When using the Kiss and Drive, both before and after school, the following will assist in ensuring it operates smoothly and safely.
- Please do not park or leave your vehicle in the Kiss and Drive area.
- Please do not park in the marked “No Standing” Zones.
- Children should exit and enter the vehicle from the footpath side only.
- Be patient, and move forward into the turning point. Avoid overtaking a vehicle in front wherever possible.
- Please do not cross the road within the Kiss and Drive area. Walk around the turning point using the footpath.
- Follow the Traffic Flow Plan.
TRAFFIC FLOW PLAN
We request the support of the school community regarding the following movements when approaching the Kiss and Drive at peak times.
The City of South Perth and local police will be monitoring the situation.
- Do not turn left off Canning highway onto Alston Avenue. Instead, turn left at the Canning Highway intersection with Thelma Street and join the Kiss and Drive queue with all other parents via Labouchere Road onto Alston Avenue (this route typically is only an extra 60 second journey time).
- Do not park on corners where yellow line restrictions and solid white lines exist (stationary vehicles must not park within 3m of a solid white line at an intersection – Traffic Code 2000).
- Do not block an intersection at any time.
- When exiting the Coode Street kiss and Drive, please turn right onto Greenock Avenue and not Alston Avenue as this will improve the rotation of vehicles at the Kiss and Drive in both the drop off and pick up times.
- Please refer to the diagram for more information.